A clean car is the sign of a responsible driver. It also shows that one is willing to go the extra mile in providing excellent service for one's customers.
Car valeting will keep your car looking as good as it did on the day you brought it out of the showroom. Here's how to properly valet your car:
- Invest in car cleaning products.Some drivers make the mistake of using home cleaning products for the cars that they drive. This is not advisable, as home cleaning products may damage the interior and exterior of the car.
Always use cleaning shampoos, interior cleaners, and polishers that are made especially for cars. Be particular, too, about using good quality glass and wheel cleaners.
- Don't inadvertently scratch the paint.When washing your car's body, do not to use rough sponges or fabrics that can scratch the paint. Use a wool wash mitt instead.
Then, when you dry your car, use a piece of soft clean microfiber cloth. Dry the car with small circular motions, rather than wiping up and down, to avoid water streaks.
- Always clean the car away from direct sunlight. Water has a tendency to leave residue when it dries, so you don't want your car to dry naturally; you want to wipe the water off, to avoid those streaks.
You're far likelier to be able to do this if you don't wash your car under the sun. In fact, it's best if you wash your car before or after the hottest and sunniest part of the day.
- Give the car's body a protective coating.Once the car has been cleaned and rinsed thoroughly, apply a product that protects the car's paint. These products are available in hardware stores or petrol stations, and they do much in keeping the colour of your car bright and looking like new.
- Upholstery foam cleaners are a driver's best-kept car valeting secret.These can be used to clean any spillage in the cars. They can remove grease after you change a tire, recondition the dashboard, and even clean bird droppings from the windshield. Upholstery foam cleaners can also be used when somebody suddenly experiences motion sickness inside your car; the foam cleaner can mask the smell and will also help prevent the spread of contamination.
- Get the right kind of mats. To prevent wear and tear on the car's carpets, buy mats that fit the season: fabric mats for summer and rubber mats for winter.
- Vacuum.To keep the car's upholstery free from dust mites, a driver must regularly vacuum the seats. To avoid scratching leather seats, use the soft brush of a vacuum cleaner instead of the hard nozzle usually used for homes.
- Clean the vents.Ventilation is always tricky in a space as small and confined as a car. To clean car vents, open them fully while holding a vacuum nozzle against them. This will remove the dust inside the vents. A paint brush or a small feather duster may be used to finish off dusting the vents. This will prove to be an important step if you get passengers that are sensitive to dust and other allergens.
A good driver is often judged - and known - by how well he takes care of his car. A good London chauffeur service often employs professional cleaning companies to maintain its fleet. This ensures that the passengers' ride in the company's cars will not only be safe but pleasant and comfortable.
TST cars London Chauffeur Service for over 29 years.
Article Source: EzineArticles.com
BOOK SERVICE ONLINE NOW!